Wednesday, April 11, 2007

On Zidane's Headbutt

Please refer to the text below if you are English speaking.

http://www.youtube.com/v/d5CYhNP8Fzs

The tv man asks Zidane if he had any dispute before the match with any of the players.

Zidane: No, never.

tv man: Lets see the video, and ask zidane to talk about the words exchanged. Zidane: Materazzi holds my t-shirt, I've asked him to stop it, in a gentle way.
But he started to say really bad words against my mother and my sister and my family too.

Zidane: I've tried not to hear it, once, twice and I've even decided to go, as you can see (i've started running to go) but he continued and say it for the third time! - I've reacted, It was too hard in my heart, in my mind. I would rather prefered to be hurt physically, but not that way.

tv man: Did you lose your head, your mind?

Zidane: It could be interpreted like this, but no, I didnt lose my head, I've just reacted to a very hard provocation.

tv man: Can you say the words? exactly?

Zidane: I would prefer no to repeat those words, here.
It is not nice to hear them.
I understand, that my act is not excusable, and I am not looking to be excused. However I want it to say "LOUD AND CLEAR", I ask to every child in the world to forgive me, this is not an act to do, I also ask parents, to teach your children to not to act like this. On the other hand I want to ask to the football word to take this situation as an example to stop punishing the REACTION ONLY. Because, the PROVOCATION must be also punished. REMEMBER: THERE IS NOT REACTION WITHOUT PROVOCATION.

Anybody who made all those stupid videos of Zidane doing that are simple-minded fools who would do anything to get or give attention. Also if you are Italian and are doing this that is worse. They or you if that is the case, should go join the media. Not to mention when this happened Zidane's mother was in hospital. Besides, Materrazzi could never be as great as Zidane. Good thing he got pwned by Zidane :)

No comments: